The following news release was sent out Monday morning about the revised visitation policy for the Jackson-Madison County General Hospital:
Effective Monday, May 11, 2020, Jackson-Madison County General Hospital will adhere to the hours and visitation policies described below.
Visitors and patients will only be allowed access through the following entrances during these designated hours:
- Emergency Department Entrance – open 24 hours
- Main Entrance (Skyline Drive) – 5 am to 8 pm
- Garage One Entrance on 1st Floor – 5 am to 8 pm
- Ayers Children’s Medical Center Entrance (Forrest Ave) – 7 am to 4 pm
Visitor and patient screening will continue to take place at these locations. Visitors, patients, staff members and physicians must wear masks and use hand sanitizer. In addition, visitors and patients will have their temperature checked upon entering the facility.
- All patients will now be allowed to have ONE designated visitor with them (with the exception of COVID-19 patients).
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) patients may have two parents who must remain in the room the duration of the visit.
- Patients at end-of-life may have a very limited number of visitors who must remain in the room for the duration of the visit.
We understand that the more restrictive visitation policy may have been difficult for visitors and patients, but these changes were implemented previously to protect the wellbeing of all of our patients, providers and staff, which is our top priority. We hope that relaxing the visitation policy will enhance the patient and visitor experience, but we will need everyone’s diligence to wear masks and adhere to policies for the protection of all involved.
We reserve the right to further restrict visitation to our facilities as the situation changes. We are also coordinating our activities with our local health department directors and will follow guidance from them if they direct us to take additional actions that they deem necessary to protect the health of the public.
We will continue to provide updates as we receive them. Follow us on social media or visit www.wth.org for updates.