NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
Opens for entries on Monday, May 3 2021 at 12:01 AM Central Time.
Closes for entries on Monday, May 31 2021 at 11:59 PM Central Time.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for each sweepstakes. Entry into National Sweepstakes is available through various local partners.
* $1,500 Sweepstakes Eligibility: Open to legal residents of the 50 US/DC, at least 18 and the age of majority. Limit 1 entry per person/email. Sponsor: Upland Second Street, 401 Congress Avenue, #1850, Austin, TX 78701. SUBJECT TO OFFICIAL RULES.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
THESE OFFICIAL RULES GOVERN ONLY THE NATIONAL SWEEPSTAKES AND ARE NOT APPLICABLE TO ANY LOCAL SPONSOR SWEEPSTAKES (DEFINED BELOW). ENTRY INTO THIS SWEEPSTAKES WILL BE AVAILABLE THROUGH NUMEROUS LOCAL SPONSORS.
BY ENTERING THIS NATIONAL SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE SPONSOR (DEFINED BELOW) FROM YOU, A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES, BINDING ARBITRATION OF CLAIMS, WAIVER OF CLASS-ACTION CLAIMS, AND WAIVER OF THE RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY.
OVERVIEW: The $1,500 Sweepstakes (“National Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Upland Second Street (“Sponsor”). The National Sweepstakes opens for entries on Monday, May 3 2021 at 12:01 AM Central Time and closes for entries on Monday, May 31 2021 at 11:59 PM Central Time (“Sweepstakes Period”). If you satisfy the eligibility requirements (described below), you may enter the National Sweepstakes by completing the entry form for a Local Sponsor Sweepstakes on a participating Local Sponsor Website (defined below). Following the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor will select one (1) National Sweepstakes winner through a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. Participation in this National Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor.
EACH WINNER WILL BE REQUIRED TO RESPOND TO WINNER NOTIFICATION AND OTHER COMMUNICATIONS FROM NATIONAL SPONSOR WITHIN FORTY-EIGHT (48) HOURS ACCORDING TO THE NOTICE(S) FROM SPONSOR OR PRIZE MAY BE FORFEITED (IN NATIONAL SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION).
ELIGIBILITY: This National Sweepstakes is open only to individuals who meet the eligibility criteria for a participating Local Sponsor Sweepstakes. Employees, officers, directors, members, managers, agents, and representatives of Sponsor or its advertising and promotion agencies, and any other entities participating in the design, promotion, marketing, administration or fulfillment of this National Sweepstakes, as well as each of their respective parent corporations, subsidiaries and affiliated companies (the “Released Parties”) and members of the immediate families (defined for these purposes as including any spouse, partner, parent, legal guardian, child, legal ward, sibling, grandparent, or grandchild and each of their respective spouses) and individuals living in the same household as such persons (whether or not related) are not eligible. Individuals who are prohibited from entering a Local Sponsor Sweepstakes pursuant to the official rules for the Local Sponsor Sweepstakes are also ineligible for this National Sweepstakes. This National Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law.
HOW TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period, eligible entrants can enter the National Sweepstakes by visiting the website (“Website”) of a participating local station or other entity (“Local Sponsor”) that is offering entry into a local sweepstakes affiliated with this National Sweepstakes (“Local Sponsor Sweepstakes”) and following all steps to complete and submit an entry form with all required information. Each Local Sponsor Sweepstakes is a separate sweepstakes governed by its own official rules. Please see the Local Sponsor Sweepstakes official rules from the Local Sponsor through whom you entered for full details.
Entries are “received” when the National Sponsor’s computer logs the completed entry form. Other proof of submitting an entry (such as a screenshot of a “thanks for entering” message) does not constitute actual receipt of the entry for purposes of this National Sweepstakes. National Sponsor’s clock will be the official timekeeper for this National Sweepstakes.
Limit one (1) entry per person/email in this National Sweepstakes. Subsequent attempts made by the same individual to submit multiple entries in violation of this condition by using multiple email accounts or by any other method or means are void and persons engaging in such conduct may, in National Sponsor’s sole discretion, be disqualified. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your Internet Service Provider may apply. Entries must be submitted and received by Sponsor during the Sweepstakes Period in strict accordance with the instructions and restrictions in these Official Rules. Those who do not follow all of the instructions, provide the required content in their entry, or abide by these Official Rules will be disqualified and any associated entry void. Purported entries that are incomplete, lost, late, misdirected, illegitimate, forged, altered, incomprehensible, garbled, or generated by a macro, bot, or other automated means will not be accepted and will be void. The use of any device or process to automate the entry process is prohibited. Entries will not be acknowledged. Entries made on your behalf by another, made by you on behalf of any other individual, or made by any entity, and/or originating at or using any web site or online service other than a Website, including, without limitation, commercial promotion subscription, notification, and/or entering services, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this National Sweepstakes. As a condition of entering the National Sweepstakes, without limiting any other provision in these Official Rules, each entrant gives consent for Sponsor and its agents to obtain and deliver his or her name, address, and other information and content to third parties for the purpose of administering this National Sweepstakes and complying with applicable laws, regulations, and rules.
ODDS AND WINNER SELECTION/NOTIFICATION: One (1) National Sweepstakes prize winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received for this National Sweepstakes. The drawing will take place Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 11am CT. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received.
Within approximately five (5) business days of the prize drawing, Sponsor will attempt to contact the potential winner at the email address provided at the time of entry. The potential winner will be required to respond to Sponsor as instructed within forty-eight (48) hours of Sponsor attempting to contact the potential winner as described above.
If any prize, prize notification, or National Sweepstakes-related communication is rejected, faulty, or returned as undeliverable or if the potential winner does not respond according to the notification’s or National Sponsor’s instructions or otherwise fails to comply with these Official Rules, the prize may, in National Sponsor’s sole discretion, be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected (time permitting). Sponsor is not responsible for any change in entrant’s email address or communications that are segregated into a junk or other folder. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given and Sponsor will have no responsibility or liability to that participant. To claim a prize, each potential winner must follow the directions in his or her notification. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the notification procedures in connection with the selection of an alternate potential winner, if any.
Potential winner will be required to complete, sign, have notarized (if applicable) and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (unless prohibited by law) and tax documents (collectively, “Prize Winner Documents”) in the form provided by Sponsor, without revision, or prize may be forfeited. The Prize Winner Documents must be received by Sponsor within five (5) days of Sponsor sending the documents to the potential winner or other time frame as stated in the Prize Winner Documents, or prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. The prize claim and Prize Winner Documents are subject to verification by Sponsor. The prize, if legitimately claimed, will be awarded. Sponsor will not be obligated to pursue more than three (3) alternate winners (time permitting) for the prize for any reason, in which case that prize may go unawarded.
PRIZES & APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”):
One (1) winner will receive “$1,500” awarded in the form of a check for $1,500 made payable to the winner. ARV: $1,500. National Sponsor makes no representation that the prize will cover any costs, debts or other financial obligations of the winner.
All prize details not specifically stated in these Official Rules will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. All taxes (federal, state, and local) are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of the prize. Prize will be mailed to the winner following verification at the address provided by winner in the Prize Winner Documents.
No transfers, prize substitutions or cash redemptions will be made, except at National Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute stated prize or portion thereof with another prize or portion thereof of equal or greater value for any reason, including, without limitation, prize unavailability. No more than the stated prize will be awarded. Entrants waive the right to assert, as a cost of winning any prize, any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to claim the prize and any liability and publicity which might arise from claiming or seeking to claim said prize.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS, AND INDEMNIFY EACH OF THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR INJURIES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND SUSTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH THE ACCEPTANCE, USE, MISUSE, OR AWARDING OF THE PRIZE OR WHILE PREPARING FOR, PARTICIPATING IN, AND/OR TRAVELING TO OR FROM ANY PRIZE- OR NATIONAL SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY INJURY, DAMAGE, LOSS, DEATH OR ACCIDENT TO/OF PERSON OR PROPERTY. THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION WILL NOT LIMIT OR EXCLUDE THE RELEASED PARTIES’ LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR TANGIBLE PROPERTY DAMAGE CAUSED BY THE RELEASED PARTIES, OR FOR THE RELEASED PARTIES’ GROSS NEGLIGENCE, FRAUD, OR INTENTIONAL, WILLFUL, MALICIOUS, OR RECKLESS MISCONDUCT.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, EACH WINNER AGREES THAT THE PRIZE IS PROVIDED AS-IS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, WHETHER NOW KNOWN OR HEREINAFTER ENACTED, RELATIVE TO THE USE OR ENJOYMENT OF THE PRIZE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ITS QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. NATIONAL SPONSOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATION THAT THE PRIZE VALUE WILL COVER THE COSTS OF WINNER’S TOTAL EXPENSES.
EACH ENTRANT UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT ALL RIGHTS UNDER SECTION 1542 OF THE CIVIL CODE OF CALIFORNIA AND ANY SIMILAR LAW OF ANY STATE OR TERRITORY OF THE UNITED STATES ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVED BY HIM/HER. SECTION 1542 READS AS FOLLOWS:
“CERTAIN CLAIMS NOT AFFECTED BY A GENERAL RELEASE. A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS THAT THE CREDITOR OR RELEASING PARTY DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE AND THAT, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER, WOULD HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR OR RELEASED PARTY.”
Released Parties are not responsible and/or liable for any of the following, whether caused by a Released Party, the entrant, or by human error: entries that are submitted by illegitimate means (such as, without limitation, by an automated computer program) or entries in excess of any stated limit; any lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, garbled, mutilated, or misdirected entries, email, mail, or other correspondence or materials or postage-due mail; any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in transmission or communication; viruses or technical or mechanical malfunctions; interrupted or unavailable cable or satellite systems; errors, typos, or misprints in these Official Rules or the official rules for a Local Sponsor Sweepstakes, in any advertisements, or other materials; failures of electronic equipment, computer hardware, or software; lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications. The Released Parties are not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable or otherwise not received or noticed by entrant as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in entrant’s email or voicemail inbox to receive email or voicemail messages. Released Parties are not responsible, and may disqualify you, if your email address, or other contact information does not work or is changed without prior written notice to Sponsor. Without limiting any other provision in these Official Rules, Released Parties are not responsible or liable to any entrant or winner (or any person claiming through such entrant or winner) for failure to supply a prize or any part thereof in the event that any of the National Sweepstakes activities or Released Parties’ operations or activities are affected by any cause or event beyond the sole and reasonable control of the applicable Released Party (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), including, without limitation, by reason of any acts of God, equipment failure, threatened or actual terrorist acts, air raid, act of public enemy, war (declared or undeclared), civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, epidemic, fire, explosion, earthquake, flood, hurricane, unusually severe weather, blackout, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, any law, rule, regulation, action, order, or request adopted, taken, or made by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not such governmental act proves to be invalid), or any other cause, whether or not specifically mentioned above.
By entering the National Sweepstakes (except where prohibited by law), each entrant grants the Released Parties the irrevocable, sublicensable, absolute right and permission to use, publish, post or display her or his name, photograph, likeness, voice, prize information, biographical information, any quotes attributable to her or him and any other indicia of persona (regardless of whether altered, changed, modified, edited, used alone, or used with other material in the Released Parties’ sole discretion) for advertising, trade, promotional and publicity purposes without further obligation or compensation of any kind to her or him, anywhere, in any medium now known or hereafter discovered or devised (including, without limitation, on the Internet), worldwide, without any limitation of time, and without notice, review, or approval and each entrant releases all Released Parties from any and all liability related thereto. Nothing contained in these Official Rules obligates Sponsor to make use of any of the rights granted herein and entrant waives any right to inspect or approve any such use.
National Sponsor’s decisions will be final in all matters relating to this National Sweepstakes, including interpretation of these Official Rules, acceptance or rejection of purported entries, determination of the winner, and awarding of the prize. All participants, as a condition of entry, agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from this National Sweepstakes. Participants further agree to not damage or cause interruption of the National Sweepstakes and/or prevent others from participating in the National Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to restrict or void online entries or participation from any source if any suspicious entry and/or participation is detected. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to void entries of any entrants who Sponsor believes have attempted to tamper with or impair the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of this National Sweepstakes. National Sponsor’s failure to or decision not to enforce any provision in these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. In the event there is an alleged or actual ambiguity, discrepancy, or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any National Sweepstakes-related materials and/or these Official Rules (including any alleged discrepancy or inconsistency within these Official Rules), it will be resolved by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Entrants waive any right to claim ambiguity in the National Sweepstakes structure or these Official Rules. If Sponsor determines, at any time and in its sole discretion, that a winner or potential winner is disqualified, ineligible, in violation of these Official Rules, or engaging in behavior that Sponsor deems obnoxious, inappropriate, threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify that winner or potential winner, even if the disqualified winner or potential winner may have been notified or displayed or announced anywhere. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules will otherwise remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. If the National Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the National Sweepstakes and award the prizes from eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to cancellation, modification, or suspension or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. If any person supplies false information, obtains entries by fraudulent means, or is otherwise determined to be in violation of these Official Rules in an attempt to obtain any prize, Sponsor may disqualify that person and seek damages from him or her and that person may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. In the event of a dispute concerning the identity of a participant, the participant will be declared to be the registered account holder of the email address provided at the time of entry, but only if that person meets all other eligibility criteria, otherwise the entry may, in National Sponsor’s sole discretion, be disqualified and any potential prize won forfeited. A registered account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Winner may be required to show proof of being the registered account holder. If a dispute cannot be resolved to National Sponsor’s satisfaction, in its sole discretion, the entry will be deemed ineligible. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE NATIONAL SWEEPSTAKES MAY VIOLATE CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, SPONSOR MAY DISQUALIFY ANY PARTICIPANT MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND MAY SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
GOVERNING LAW/DISPUTES/ARBITRATION: YOU AGREE THAT THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE NATIONAL SWEEPSTAKES ARE GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF MISSOURI. BOTH YOU AND NATIONAL SPONSOR WAIVE THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY AND THE RIGHT TO BRING OR RESOLVE ANY DISPUTE AS A CLASS, CONSOLIDATED, REPRESENTATIVE, COLLECTIVE, OR PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL ACTION.
THE PARTIES EACH AGREE TO FINALLY SETTLE ALL DISPUTES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS NATIONAL SWEEPSTAKES OR THESE OFFICIAL RULES ONLY THROUGH ARBITRATION; PROVIDED, HOWEVER, THE NATIONAL SPONSOR SHALL BE ENTITLED TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF IN THE STATE AND FEDERAL COURTS LOCATED IN OR HAVING JURISDICTION OVER ST. LOUIS COUNTY, MISSOURI AND ANY OTHER COURT WITH JURISDICTION OVER THE PARTIES. IN ARBITRATION, THERE IS NO JUDGE OR JURY AND REVIEW IS LIMITED. THE ARBITRATOR’S DECISION AND AWARD IS FINAL AND BINDING, WITH LIMITED EXCEPTIONS, AND JUDGMENT ON THE AWARD MAY BE ENTERED IN ANY COURT WITH JURISDICTION. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY PROVISION IN THE JAMS (DEFINED BELOW) RULES TO THE CONTRARY, THE ARBITRATOR SHALL NOT HAVE THE AUTHORITY OR ANY JURISDICTION TO HEAR THE ARBITRATION AS A CLASS, CONSOLIDATED, REPRESENTATIVE, COLLECTIVE, OR PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL ACTION OR TO CONSOLIDATE, JOIN, OR OTHERWISE COMBINE THE CLAIMS OF DIFFERENT PERSONS INTO ONE PROCEEDING. THE PARTIES AGREE THAT, EXCEPT AS SET FORTH ABOVE, ANY CLAIM, SUIT, ACTION OR PROCEEDING ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS PROMOTION WILL BE RESOLVED SOLELY BY BINDING ARBITRATION BEFORE A SOLE ARBITRATOR UNDER THE STREAMLINED ARBITRATION RULES & PROCEDURES OF JAMS INC. (“JAMS”) OR ANY SUCCESSOR TO JAMS. IN THE EVENT JAMS IS UNWILLING OR UNABLE TO SET A HEARING DATE WITHIN FOURTEEN (14) DAYS OF THE FILING OF A “DEMAND FOR ARBITRATION,” THEN EITHER PARTY CAN ELECT TO HAVE THE ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY ANOTHER MUTUALLY AGREEABLE ARBITRATION ADMINISTRATION SERVICE WHO WILL HEAR THE CASE. IF AN IN-PERSON HEARING IS REQUIRED, THEN IT WILL TAKE PLACE IN ST. LOUIS, MO, CHICAGO, IL, NEW YORK CITY, NY, LOS ANGELES, CA, ATLANTA, GA OR DALLAS, TX (WHICHEVER IS CLOSEST TO YOUR RESIDENCE). THE FEDERAL OR STATE LAW THAT APPLIES TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES WILL ALSO APPLY DURING THE ARBITRATION. DISPUTES WILL BE ARBITRATED ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND WILL NOT BE CONSOLIDATED WITH ANY OTHER PROCEEDINGS THAT INVOLVE ANY CLAIMS OR CONTROVERSY OF ANOTHER PARTY, INCLUDING ANY CLASS ACTIONS OR CLASS ARBITRATIONS; PROVIDED, HOWEVER, IF FOR ANY REASON ANY COURT OR ARBITRATOR HOLDS THAT THIS RESTRICTION IS UNCONSCIONABLE OR UNENFORCEABLE, THEN THE AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE DOES NOT APPLY AND THE DISPUTE MUST BE BROUGHT IN A COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTION IN ST. LOUIS, MO. NATIONAL SPONSOR AGREES TO PAY THE ADMINISTRATIVE AND ARBITRATOR’S FEES IN ORDER TO CONDUCT THE ARBITRATION (BUT SPECIFICALLY EXCLUDING ANY TRAVEL OR OTHER COSTS OF ENTRANT TO ATTEND THE ARBITRATION HEARING). EITHER PARTY MAY, NOTWITHSTANDING THIS PROVISION, BRING QUALIFYING CLAIMS IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT. IN NO EVENT WILL YOU SEEK OR BE ENTITLED TO RESCISSION, INJUNCTIVE OR OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF OR TO ENJOIN OR RESTRAIN THE OPERATION OR EXPLOITATION OF THE NATIONAL SWEEPSTAKES.
Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will you be permitted or entitled to obtain awards for, and hereby waive all rights to claim, incidental or consequential damages. The prior limitation on damages is not intended to limit the Released Parties’ obligation (if any) to pay prevailing party costs or fees if recoverable pursuant to applicable law.
WINNER’S LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: For a copy of these Official Rules or to find out who won this National Sweepstakes, send an email with the subject line of either “$1,500 Sweepstakes – RULES” or “$1,500 National Sweepstakes – WINNERS LIST,” as applicable, to Liz Huff, email@example.com. Rules requests must be received during the Sweepstakes Period. Requests for the winners list must be received within three (3) months of the end of the Sweepstakes Period.
NATIONAL SPONSOR: Upland Second Street, 401 Congress Avenue, #1850, Austin, TX 78701.
$1,500 Staycation Giveaway Local Sweepstakes
GENERAL CONTEST RULES
For those Radio Stations operated by: Forever Communications, Inc. and its affiliates “Forever”
Revised and Effective 4/11/2016
Please refer to Specific Contest Rules Associated with this Contest
- No purchase or payment necessary to enter or win. Purchase or payment will not increase a (“Participants(s)”) chance of winning. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Forever may air contest(s) from time to time which are conducted by Forever’s advertisers and other organizations that are not, sponsored or endorsed by, and/or for which, neither Forever, nor its radio stations, participate (“Non-Forever Contest(s)”). For any Non-Forever Contest(s) please refer to the contest rules of the Non-Forever Contest(s) Sponsor. Forever assumes no liability or responsibility in whole or in part for any Non-Forever Contest(s).
- Except as specifically provided, Forever Contests are open to US Residents, 13 years or older. However, eligibility and minimum age requirements may vary depending on the specific contest. Generally, Participant(s) must be at least 21 years of age for all contests associated with alcoholic beverages and/or air travel as Prize(s) and be at least 18 years old for participation in contests for motor vehicles, off road vehicles, or boats as Contest Prize(s), unless otherwise provided in the Specific Contest rules for a Specific Contest. No one under 13 years of age or in debt to Forever Communications, will be permitted to enter a contest under any circumstance. Forever will delete and disqualify any entry whether on-line or by other means in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), Forever and its affiliated radio stations, Forever’s employees and their immediate families, employees of other broadcast or print media operations within the ADI, or internet media entities, event sponsors, prize providers or advertisers, and their respective immediate families are not eligible to participate or win.
- Participant(s) can only win one contest prize (“Prize(s)”) per household every 30 days. For Prize(s) valued at over $150, only one Prize(s) per household every 90 days. For any Prize(s) over $600, only one Prize(s) per household every 180 days. For on-air Contests, there is no limit as to the number of call-ins or texts a Participant(s) may attempt, however that Participant(s) may only qualify once. If participation is by cellular, text or broadband all standard wireless carrier rates for the Participant(s) carrier will apply, and neither Forever nor its Participating Radio Stations will assume any responsibility for any fees for any communication to or from the Forever or the Participating Radio Stations
- Unless as otherwise specified by Forever in its sole discretion, Winners must execute and return any and all required documentation including but not limited to event participation, waiver and release forms required by Forever, in its sole discretion and as applicable to a Contest, within 24 hours of notification by Forever, to Participant(s) provided email address and/or phone number, that they have won the Contest and/or Prize(s). Winners must appear in person with proper positive legal governmental issued photo identification acceptable to Forever, at its sole discretion, to claim any Prize(s) at the applicable Forever Radio Participating Radio Station(s) Studio Address, between 8 am and 5 pm Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) or at a place and time as otherwise designated by Forever, within 30 calendar days, (or sooner for time sensitive Prize(s) or as otherwise required by Forever), or the Prize(s) will be forfeited. Prize(s) may not be claimed by a third party on behalf of a Winner. Forever and its Participating Radio Station(s) reserve the ability at their sole discretion to choose alternate Winner(s) in the event of a disqualification or ineligibility.
- Except at Forever’s sole discretion, Prize(s) will not be mailed out or delivered to winners. Any winner under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian, who will be required to sign for the Prize(s).
- All Prize(s) for which the aggregate value is in excess of $600 are subject to IRS 1099 reporting at the declared value. Winners are responsible for any applicable federal, state, or local taxes.
- Unless determined by Forever, in its sole discretion, no cash equivalent amount will be awarded for any contest Prize(s). Each Prize(s) is expressly limited to the items announced by the Participating Radio Station(s), and does not include taxes gratuities or other potential Prize(s) related expenses. All Prize(s) will have a declared Value which is established by Forever in its sole discretion. All Prize(s) are awarded “AS-Is” without any warranty of any kind and any such warranties are herein affirmatively disclaimed. Any Trip or Event Prize(s) are subject to trip carrier or venue operator rules and restrictions. If an event or trip is cancelled, neither Forever nor its Participating Radio Station(s) will be responsible for that portion of the Prize(s). Acceptance of a trip or event by a Winner constitutes an acceptance by them of the inherent risk of that Prize(s). The Winner assumes such risk completely and will indemnify and hold harmless Forever and its Participating Radio Stations for any resulting damages or claims related thereto.
- The Forever Participating Radio Station(s) may from time to time work in conjunction with concert promoters and various venues throughout our listening area to provide contestants the opportunity to win tickets and sometimes meet performers backstage as part of a contest or promotion. This opportunity is at all times subject to the sole discretion of the performer and the controlling venue and subject to change at any time. With this in mind, there may be situations where the Forever Participating Radio Station(s) and the promoter and/or the venue cannot be held liable for, including but not limited to: changes to the time, place, method, procedure, or cancellation of the event and or applicable Artist meet and greet sessions at any time.
- Forever Participating Radio Station(s) and affiliated companies are not responsible for any claims, liabilities, or damages arising out of, or in conjunction with, any Non-Forever Contest(s) any typographical errors in the printing, administration announcement or Prize(s) awarding, nor is Forever responsible for any malfunction of equipment or telephone systems, internet, or email, text or the cost of texting or otherwise transmitting their entry or participation during a Contest. The Forever Participating Radio Station(s) management has the final decision as to the judging, the Winner and at all times retains the right but not the obligation, in regard to all Contest matters including, but not limited to, the ability to, terminate, cancel, postpone, substitute, or modify the Contest, to qualify, disqualify or substitute Participant(s), to award, re-award, rescind award and not to re-award a Prize(s).
- All telephone calls to the Forever Participating Radio Station(s) Contest lines will be recorded and may be played back on the air for promotional purposes. By playing Contests you give Forever the right to publicize your name, likeness and voice through any medium.
- In the event of a local, regional or national emergency or power outage, or other event determined at Forever’s sole discretion, Contests may be temporarily suspended, modified, or cancelled at the sole discretion of Forever.
- Odds of winning are determined by the exact number of Participant(s) when each Prize(s) are drawn. Contest void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- If Participant(s) are listening to the internet stream of a Forever Participating Radio Station(s), they are hereby advised that programming may be delayed affecting real time contest participation. Participant(s) at no time should rely on streamed broadcasts in order to participate.
- Any person or persons found to be in violation of any Contest rules, gain an unfair advantage, win using fraudulent means or exhibit unsportsmanlike, disruptive, harassing offensive or threatening behavior before, during, or after the respective Contest will be disqualified and any Prize(s) will be forfeited and Forever will reserve the right at its sole discretion to not re-award a Contest Prize(s) for that Contest.
- Promotions and contests on the Participating Forever Radio Station(s) may be conducted, but not limited to, the following methods: over-the-air, via telephone or text, on location at a business or event, via the Participating Forever Radio Station(s) website(s), or through social networks (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram). Multiple Participant(s) are not permitted to share the same email address, social media account or text number. Only the authorized user of the email address social media account or the text number will be considered the Winner in the event of a dispute among multiple Participant(s) from such entries. While reasonable care will be taken, neither Forever nor it’s Participating Radio Station(s) nor any participating sponsor and/or Prize(s) supplier can be held responsible for the non-delivery, delay or loss of an entry. Contest entries will become the property of Forever and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- By participating in the Contest and/or accepting the Prize(s) for to be bestowed from the Contest, the Participant(s) acknowledge that there could be certain considerations and/or risks associated with the Contest and/or the Winning of Prize(s) and further acknowledges that it is the Participant(s) responsibility to abide by all terms of General and/or Specific Contest Rules (as applicable) and exercise any safety precautions associated with Contest participation and/or the Winning of Prize(s). Therefore, for good and valuable consideration the sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged by the Participant(s) to the Contest, and his or her heirs, agents and assigns agree to hold harmless Forever and its respective radio station(s), affiliates subsidiaries, employees, agents, owners, officers, directors Prize(s) Prize(s) provider(s) and/or sponsor(s), event location operators and their respective assigns from any and/all claims, liabilities, demands, attorney’s fees or other unforeseen acts of any kind whatsoever, including but not limited to any restrictions or requirements of providers, of the Contest participation and judging, and/or Winning or awarding of Prize(s, and any other consideration, that may result from, the Contest participation and/or the Winning of Prize(s).
- By participating in the Contest, all Participant(s) grant Forever the exclusive permission to use their names, characters, images, voices and likenesses submitted content, ideas or other submissions in connection with the Contest and waive any claims to royalty, right or remuneration for such use. Participant(s) also hereby waive any right to inspect or approve the finished copy of any media, broadcast, advertising material and/or any Forever use in connection with this Contest participation and/or Winning of Prize(s). Participant(s) also affirmatively represent that any submissions are their own work and does not infringe on any copyright, trademark or other intellectual right of any other person and will indemnify Forever for any breach of that representation.
The above General Contest Rules may be amended, supplemented, modified in all or part for a specific radio station or station(s) Events/Contests/Activities from time to time by Forever in its sole discretion. Forever at all times reserves the right to amend/supplement and/or modify these General Contest Rules with specific rules which shall be made available by the Forever radio station as appropriate and in the Forever radio station(s) sole discretion. Listeners’ and potential contest Participant(s) are urged to acquaint themselves with these specific contest rules in advance of their participation. Where Specific Contest Rules are in place for a particular event, those Specific Contest Rules shall control over where different from the General Contest Rules.
Forever Communications Inc. its affiliates and their Radio Station(s) do not and shall not discriminate, in any way on the basis of race or gender, respecting their employment or advertising practices.