CONTEST NAME: “Redbone’s Grill and Bar $5,000 Rising Star Contest Rules”
SPECIFIC CONTEST RULES
Effective 9/12/19 to 11/21/19
Declared Value of Prize(s): $5,000 cash prize (“Grand Prize”)
Forever Communications, Inc. and its affiliates through their Participating Radio Station(s), in conjunction with various sponsor(s) and/or prize provider(s) (collectively, “Forever”) is promoting a contest named as set forth above (“Contest”). Forever may air/promote contest(s) from time to time which are conducted by Forever’s advertisers and other organizations that are not, sponsored or endorsed by, and/or for which, neither Forever, nor its radio stations, participate (“Non-Forever Contest(s)”). For any Non-Forever Contest(s) please refer to the contest rules of the Non-Forever Contest Sponsor. Forever assumes no liability or responsibility in whole or in part for any Non-Forever Contest(s).
This contest is officially hosted by Redbone’s Grill and Bar in Jackson TN. Redbones is awarding all prize money. Any disputes arising from the execution of this contest must be directed to the official contest host, Redbone’s Grill and Bar.
1) No purchase or payment necessary. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Contestant(s) may only qualify one time during this promotion and only one qualifying contestant per household is permitted (“Participant(s) or singularly Participant”). Entrants must be 13 years of age or older and must complete the necessary forms in order to participate. Anyone under the age of 18 must have a legal guardian complete necessary forms. Persons may only be selected as a finalist once but may audition at any or all audition stops. Proof of age for contestants that do not possess an ID may be requested.
2) Beginning 9/12/19 to 11/21/19, Forever’s, Redbone’s Grill and Bar(s), will be giving away a $5,000 cash prize with the finals to take place at Redbone’s Grill and Bar on Vann Dr. in Jackson, TN November 21st, 2019 (“Grand Prize”). The Grand Prize is not transferable. If the Winner declines the Grand Prize, there will not be any alternate prize available in substitution and the Grand prize will not be re-awarded and becomes the property of Redbone’s Grill and Bar.
Persons may register online at participating websites or at the venue the night of the audition. Each audition round will be held at Redbone’s Grill & Bar on Carriage House Dr. in Jackson, TN. There will be a maximum of 15 contestants per night during the audition rounds. Contestants for each audition will be selected with priority given in order of registration. At each stop, persons must sing one song to audition. At the end of auditions, the audience will be given 5 minutes to text a specified keyword to vote. The contestant with the most votes at the end of the 15 minute period will be named a finalist. Finalists will be invited to perform on stage at Redbone’s Grill and Bar on November 21, 2019 where the grand prize will be awarded. At audition stop, persons must register during the designated registration period. Persons may attempt to qualify as finalists at any or all audition stops. At the end of each audition, one contestant will be selected as a finalist. Also, up to five ‘wild card’ finalists may be selected to perform in the finale. Only one winner of $5,000 will be selected.
Audition Stops at Redbone’s Grill & Bar:
September 12, 2019
September 19, 2019
September 26, 2019
October 3, 2019
October 10, 2019
October 17, 2019
October 24, 2019
October 31, 2019
November 7, 2019
November 14, 2019
*Registration at the audition begins a 7:00pm with performances to begin at 7:30pm*
As an entrant in the $5,000 Rising Star contest, you agree to allow us to use any likenesses, videos, or photographs taken of you during your performance in promotional materials.
The finals will take place on November 21, 2019 at Redbone’s Grill and Bar. At the finals, all acts must arrive at the designated time. Each performer must supply contest officials with an instrumental/karaoke version of the songs he or she wishes to perform. Persons may also play their own instrument. No other person other than the finalist will be allowed to play an instrument on stage.
Scoring will be in three parts, each accounting for 1/3 of the total score:
- Judges will score each act on a 1-10 scale, with 10 being the most favorable, on each of the following criteria: Choice of Song, Artistry/Originality, Key and Pitch, Overall Performance. The cumulative scores of the three judges will then be ranked 1-15 to determine the contestant’s score, 1 going to the highest score, 15 to the lowest
- Fan balloting – Each audience member will get a ballot to cast a vote for their favorite contestant. The contestant with the most votes will earn 1 point, and the contestant with the fewest votes will earn 15 points.
- Text voting – Each contestant will be assigned a keyword. Fans will then be able to text that keyword to the designated number within a 5-minute period to vote for their favorite contestant. The contestant with the most votes will earn 1 point, and the contestant with the fewest votes will earn 15 points.
Following all performances for that night, all three scoring categories will be combined to create the total score. The act with the lowest cumulative score will be named the grand prize winner. If there is a tie, judges will decide the ultimate winner. If the winning act is deemed ineligible for any reason, an alternate winner will be selected by referring to the act with the next highest score. Winner is responsible for any taxes and fees.
- The grand prize winner is responsible for completing all required paperwork concerning the delivery of prize. Prize will be awarded by Redbone’s Grill and Bar.
3) Any questions or comments regarding the operation of the Contest must be made in writing to Redbone’s Grill and Bar, 584 Carriage House Dr, Jackson, TN 38305.
4) Please also refer to the Forever General Contest Rules (“General” Rules”) attached below, which apply in conjunction with these Specific Contest Rules.
5) All Contest Rules are subject to change at the sole discretion of the Participating Radio Station(s) and hosting party at their sole discretion. Forever retains the right to cancel this Contest for any reason at any time.
6) A copy of the official rules governing this Contest as well as Forever’s General Contest Rules is available at the Participating Studio Address and on the Participating Radio Station(s) website address(es). Copies of the rules can be requested by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Studio Address.
The above Specific Contest Rules are to be applied in conjunction with the General Contest Rules in effect by Forever at the time of a Specific Contest and may be amended, supplemented, modified in all or part for a specific radio station or station(s) Events/Contests/Activities from time to time by Forever in its sole discretion. Forever at all times reserves the right to amend/supplement and/or modify these Specific Contest Rules with specific rules which shall be made available by the Forever radio station as appropriate and in the Forever radio station(s) sole discretion. Listeners’ and potential contest Participant(s) are urged to acquaint themselves with these Specific Contest rules in advance of their participation. Where Specific Contest Rules are in place for a particular event, those Specific Contest Rules shall control over, where different, from the General Contest Rules.
Forever Communications Inc. its affiliates and their Radio Station(s) do not and shall not discriminate, in any way on the basis of race or gender, respecting their employment or advertising practices.